Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chapter 1 Notes

     In chapter one on "Of Mice and Men" I have a question.  On page  6, they keep talking about Lennie always stroking a mouse in his pocket.  Why is that? Why does he have to do that? When George takes it away from him he gets very upset.  This shows that he has to always have something in his hand to keep it busy.  It seems that he can not not have something to do with his hand.  With this in mind, does Lennie have a major mental disorder?
     Next I can connect to the text.  This is so because throughout the whole chapter George will get mad at Lennie, but then be a nice friend to him.  I can relate to this because my friend and I will get mad at each other for some stupid reason and then we will make up and pretend like nothing ever happened.  The relationship I have with my friends and the relationship between George and Lennie are somewhat the same.
     Lastly, I think that George and Lennie and will find the place up the road they were looking for for a job. Once they get there everything will be fine, but then Lennie will get in trouble and get fired.  I predict this will happen because on page 11 it talks about when they had their last job and Lennie wanted to feel the girls dress and pet it like a mouse.  If he does something stupid like this again then he will get fired.  George would then get fired with him or sneak out and care for Lennie at night.  I hope this doesn't happen, but given Lennie's history I have a feeling it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment